2019 Guided Meditation for Better Health
Excessive and long-term stress affects not only our physical well-being, but our emotional well-being as well. Guided meditation is widely accepted as an effective, holistic method to reduce stress and help restore balance. Get an introduction to guided meditation, receive handouts, instructions and learn how to quiet your mind and body through the use of visualization. Using experiential exercise you will learn how meditation can support and complement your medical treatment. Benefits can include improved sleep, pain control, symptom management, reduced anxiety and fear, as well as, an overall sense of well being. Guided meditation offers many patients an improved quality of life and the opportunity to have a positive impact on their recovery. Class targets cancer patients and/or their caregivers, but any patient with any diagnosis may attend.
- Time: 9:15 am to 10:15 am
- Wednesday, 09/04/19
- Wednesday, 09/18/19
- Wednesday, 10/02/19
- Wednesday, 10/30/19
- Wednesday, 11/13/19
- Wednesday, 12/04/19
- Location: St. Joseph's Women's Hospital, Pavilion 4th Floor Classroom
- Cost: Free
- Register on-line @ BayCareEvents.org or by calling (813) 443-2047.
- Sponsored by: St. Joseph's Cancer Institute
- Date: TBD
- Time: 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Cost: $45.00
- Location: 4100 W. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 327, Tampa, FL 33611
- Register: Lea Davis, CHt - 813-415-5780 or email [email protected]
- Date: TBD
- Time: 11:00 am to 12:15 pm
- Cost: $45 - Class size is limited ... Please call Lea Davis @ 813-415-5780 to register.
- Location: 4100 W. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 327, Tampa, FL 33609